Explore Frederick, Maryland & Beyond
There are many local attractions in the Frederick area. Here are some of the innkeepers’ personal favorites.
Frederick has such a wide variety of exceptional restaurants, it is difficult for us to select just a few.
- Volt – an upscale restaurant owned and operated by TV chef Michael Voltaggio (advance reservations are recommended)
- The Wine Kitchen – Modern seasonal style chophouse that features local, high quality cuts of meat and a farm-fresh menu
- Ayse Meze Lounge – Large variety of Eastern Mediterranean classics in small portions (plenty of vegetarian choices)
- Black Hog BBQ – Specializing in various styles of barbecue
- Café Nola – Bistro best known for breakfast and lunch, but their infusion cocktails make their dinners mighty tasty also
- Firestone’s Culinary Tavern – Fine food and beverages in a casual atmosphere
- Isabella’s Taverna – Spanish cuisine and tapas bar (be prepared to share with your tablemates)
- Pistarro’s – Traditional Naples style wood-fired gourmet pizza and handmade pastas
- The Tasting Room – First-class steaks and chops, and a primo wine cellar; consistently voted “Best of Frederick”
- Restaurant at Patowmack Farm – Dine in a glass conservatory or under an open-air tent while overlooking the Potomac River valley (many of the ingredients come directly from the organic farm)
Click here for more eatery suggestions.
Locally Crafted Spirits
- Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard – Named “Best Winery” in the July 2014 Washingtonian magazine; won 4 medals at the 2015 International Eastern Wine Competition (closest winery to Frederick Inn Bed & Breakfast)
- Flying Dog Brewery – With up to 20 beers and ales on tap at any given time, you will not want to miss a visit to the tasting room (tour reservations are recommended)
- McClintock Distilling Company – Small batch, limited release whiskey, gin, and vodka
But don’t just take our recommendations, click here to read an article published by one of our overnight visitors.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Trails – Although it only reaches an elevation of 1282 feet, it is the biggest mountain around (and there are quartzite cliffs near the summit)
- Cunningham Falls State Park – Includes a 78-foot waterfall, located in the picturesque Catoctin Mountains (swimming, hiking, fishing, and canoeing)
Antiques and Vintage Furnishings
- Chartreuse & Company – Barns full of vintage furnishings, salvaged items and unique decor (open certain weekends only)
- Emporium Antique Mall — A 1912 warehouse containing over 130 dealers
- Lebherz Emporium – Downtown Frederick has a unique shop that specializes in fine varieties of infused oils, aged vinegars and other types of condiments.
- McCutcheons Fine Food Products – Family-owned factory store featuring preserves, jellies, relishes, and condiments of all types
- Leesburg Premium Outlet Stores – For some folks a weekend is not complete without some serious shopping; 110 stores should fulfill that need
Other Unique Venues
- Lilypons Water Garden Supplies – Whether you are a pond enthusiast or not, you won’t want to miss the acres of water lilies, irises, and lotus flowers
- Great Frederick Fairgrounds – Home to not only the annual fair, but also many auctions, car shows, races, and events
- Countryside Artisans – A seasonal tour of 15 cottage studios displaying all types of arts and crafts
- Mayne’s Farm – We love Mayne’s Farm because they have great produce, and they are only a stone’s throw from the inn; but you might like them mostly because you can cut down a fresh Christmas tree
- Thanksgiving Farms – When you pass the pink and purple buildings, make sure to stop and check out the flowers, shrubs, garden novelties, and live parrots
- Lewis Orchards – This is the place if you want to pick your own fruit
For more suggested activities, check out our blogs.